|1. Acceptance. [Signode India Limited, a division of Signode Industrial Group LLC] is herein referred to as “Signode,” and the customer purchasing products (“Products”) or services (“Services”) from Signode is referred to as (“Purchaser”). These terms and conditions of sale (“Terms”), any Signode quotation, acknowledgment or invoice and all documents incorporated by specific reference herein or therein (“Signode Documents” and together with these Terms, the “Agreement”), constitute the complete terms governing the sale of Products and Services. Signode hereby rejects and additional or different terms or conditions proposed by Purchaser, whether or not contained in any of the Purchaser’s business forms or in Purchaser’s website, and such additional or different terms will be of no effect. No site usage agreement or any other click through agreement on a website will have any binding effect whether or not Signode clicks on an “ok,” “I accept,” or similar acknowledgment. The Commencement of any work by Signode or Purchaser's acceptance of delivery of the Products or Services will manifest Purchaser's assent to the Agreement. Additional or different terms applicable to a particular sale may be specified in the body of a Signode Document or agreed to in writing by the parties. In the event of a conflict, the following order of precedence will apply: (a) terms agreed to in writing and executed by an authorized officer or representative (explicitly, implicitly or thought conduct) with the power to commit the authorizing organisation to a binding Agreement of Signode; (b) Signode Document terms; (c) these Terms.
2. Quotations. Quotations are only valid in writing and for 30 days from the date of the quotation. All quotations are subject to change or withdrawal without prior notice to Purchaser. Quotations are made subject to approval of Purchaser’s credit. Signode may refuse orders and has no obligation to supply Products or Services unless Signode issues a written order acknowledgement or upon the shipment of Products or commencement of Services.
3. Prices and Payment Terms. Prices are in Indian Rupees and are subject to change without notice. All orders are accepted subject to Signode’s price in effect at the time of shipment. Prices do not include any sales, use, value-added or other taxes, import duties, license fees or like charges (“Taxes”) related to the sale, importation or use of Products or Services, and Purchaser is responsible for those Taxes as well as Insurance. If Signode is subsequently required to pay any Taxes, Purchaser shall fully defend and indemnify Signode therefor. Terms of payment are 30 days net from the date of Signode’s invoice. Overdue invoices will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month, or at the maximum rate allowable by governing law. Purchaser’s inspection rights herein will not affect the payment terms. Under no circumstances will Purchaser have a right of set-off. If Purchaser fails to make any payment as required, Purchaser agrees to indemnify Signode for all associated costs incurred by Signode, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs.
4. Credit Approval. All shipments are subject to approval by Signode’s credit department. Signode may invoice Purchaser and recover for each shipment as a separate transaction. If, in Signode’s sole judgment, Purchaser’s financial condition is or becomes unsatisfactory, then Signode may, without prejudice to any of its other remedies: (a) defer or decline to make any shipments except upon receipt of satisfactory security or cash payments in advance; and/or (b) terminate any or all of Purchaser’s purchase orders.
5. Cancellation or Modification. Signode may cancel any purchase order or release thereunder, or terminate any agreement relating to the purchase of Signode’s Products or Services upon reasonable prior written notice to Purchaser. Once Signode has accepted a purchase order or begun taking actions with respect to a purchase order, Purchaser cannot cancel or modify that purchase order except with Signode’s written consent. In such event, Purchaser will be liable for cancellation or modification charges and all costs incurred and committed to the order or in connection with the cancellation or modification, as applicable, together with a reasonable allowance for prorated expenses and anticipated profits.
6. Inspection / Non-Conforming Shipments. Purchaser may inspect Products for a period of 15 business days after delivery (“Inspection Period”). Purchaser must notify Signode in writing of any Products that do not conform to the specifications applicable to their sale within the Inspection Period and afford Signode a reasonable opportunity to inspect such Products and cure any nonconformity. If Purchaser fails to provide Signode such written notice within the Inspection Period, Purchaser will be deemed to have accepted the Products. Purchaser may not return any Product without Signode’s prior written authorization. Any return authorized by Signode must be made in accordance with Signode’s return policies. Purchaser will be responsible for all costs associated with returns of Products and will bear the risk of loss, unless Signode agrees otherwise in writing or determines that the Products do not conform to the applicable terms of sale. Any variation in quantities shipped over or under those ordered (not to exceed 10%) will constitute compliance with Purchaser’s order, and the stated price per item will continue to apply.However, if the product has been in use by Purchase even after Signode’s return authorization, Signode reserves the right to make a reasonable depreciation/cost charge for such uses.
7. Delivery. Signode anticipates use of common carriers for shipment of Products. The carrier, and not Signode, will bill for freight rates and other shipping charges. Payments for such charges shall be paid by Purchaser directly to the carrier. All Products will be shipped FCA Signode’s facility (Incoterms 2010). Shipping dates are approximate and are based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Purchaser. Signode may ship items in a single or multiple shipments. Title to the Products shall pass to Purchaser upon delivery to the carrier. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss and use or misuse by third parties who acquire or use the Products illicitly after delivery to the carrier. Purchaser must notify Signode and the delivering carrier within 15 business days from date of receipt of Products, of any damage or shortage, and afford Signode a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products. Any loss occasioned by damage or shrinkage in transit will be for Purchaser’s account, and claims for such loss must be made solely against the carrier.
8. Warranty. Signode warrants that it will convey the Products free and clear of all liens, security interests and encumbrances created by, through or under Signode. Signode further warrants that for a period of [6 months] from the date of delivery to the common carrier (the “Warranty Period”), under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by Signode, the Products: (a) will conform to mutually agreed upon written specifications or other descriptions; and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship.
In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above (the “Warranties”), Signode’s sole liability and Purchaser’s sole remedy will be (at Signode’s option), for Signode to repair, replace or credit Purchaser’s account for, any Product that fails to conform to the Warranties, provided that (i) during the Warranty Period Signode is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such failure with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies; (ii) Signode is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (iii) Signode’s examination of such Product confirms the alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by accident, misuse, neglect, improper installment, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing. No Products may be returned to Signode until inspection and approval by Signode in writing. Purchaser shall be liable for payment of any applicable taxes on such replacements under warranty.
[The Warranty against defects does not apply to: (1) consumable components or ordinary wear items, including __________________; (2) use of the Products with equipment, components or parts not specified or supplied by Signode or contemplated under the Product documentation, including ____________.]
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH ABOVE, Signode MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
9. Service Warranty. Signode warrants that (a) it will perform Services in a timely, competent and professional manner and in accordance with industry standards; and (b) the Services shall conform to any applicable specifications or statement of work.
10. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. Signode WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND PURCHASER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SIGNODE, FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DOWN TIME, LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSSES, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON SIGNODE’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. IN NO EVENT WILL SIGNODE’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR SALE OF SIGNODE’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE.
11. Product Use. Purchaser is solely responsible for determining if a Product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Purchaser’s method of application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of use of Signode’s Products, Signode is not responsible for the results or consequences of use, misuse or application of its Products. All physical properties, statements and recommendations are either based on the tests or experience that Signode believes to be reliable, but they are not guaranteed.
12. Tooling/Molds/Dies. All material, equipment, facilities and special tooling (including tools, jigs, dies, fixtures, molds, patterns, special taps, special gauges, special test equipment and manufacturing aids and replacements thereof) used in the manufacture of the Products will remain the property of Signode. Any material, tooling or equipment furnished to Signode by Purchaser will remain the property of Purchaser with title to and right of possession remaining in Purchaser.
13. Consignment. If Products are sold on a consignment basis, title in such Products will not pass to Purchaser until the earlier of: (a) the time the Product is removed from inventory for use; or (b) the date that is 90 days from the Product’s shipment date. Purchaser agrees to store consigned Products in a segregated area and will install and/or maintain any signs or other devices to clearly identify the Products as Signode Products. Purchaser assumes the risk of loss of all consigned Products. Purchaser shall insure consigned Products at Purchaser’s expense in amounts at least equal to the replacement value.
14. Ownership of Intellectual Property. All drawings, know-how, designs, specifications, inventions, devices, developments, processes, copyrights and other information or intellectual property disclosed or otherwise provided to Purchaser by Signode and all rights therein (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) will remain the property of Signode and will be kept confidential by Purchaser in accordance with these Terms. Purchaser has no claim to, nor ownership interest in, any Intellectual Property, and such information, in whatever form and any copies thereof, shall be promptly returned to Signode upon request from Signode. Purchaser acknowledges that no license or rights of any sort are granted to Purchaser hereunder in respect of any Intellectual Property, other than the limited right to use Signode’s Products or receive the Services purchased from Signode.
15. Use of Trademarks and Trade Names. Purchaser shall not use, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, Signode’s name, or any other trademark or trade name that is now or may hereafter be owned by Signode (collectively the “Trademarks”), as part of Purchaser’s corporate or business name, or in any way in connection with Purchaser’s business, except in a manner and to the extent authorized herein or otherwise approved by Signode in writing. Purchaser hereby acknowledges Signode’s ownership of the Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith. Purchaser shall not infringe upon, harm or contest the validity of any Trademarks. Purchaser shall be entitled to use the Trademarks only in connection with the promotion or sale of the Authorized Products pursuant to the terms of the Agreement. Purchaser shall reproduce the Trademarks exactly as specified by Signode. Purchaser shall not use the Trademarks in combination with any other trademarks or names. Purchaser agrees that it will not register or attempt to register any Trademark or any colorable imitation thereof (including any non-English language variation thereof), or use such Trademarks for any products or for any purposes other than those set forth in the Agreement. Purchaser shall not at any time during or after termination of the Agreement use in its business any other trademark that is similar to or in any way resembles the Trademarks so as to be likely to cause deception or confusion with the Trademarks. Purchaser shall provide reasonable cooperation to Signode with respect to any efforts of Signode to protect, defend or enforce its rights to the Trademarks. Should Purchaser cease being an authorized customer of Signode for any reason, Purchaser shall immediately discontinue any formerly permitted use of Signode’s name or the Trademarks.
16. Confidential Information. All information furnished or made available by Signode to Purchaser in connection with the subject matter hereof shall be held in confidence by Purchaser. Purchaser agrees not to use (directly or indirectly), or disclose to others, such information without Signode’s prior written consent. The obligations in this section will not apply to any information that: (a) at the time of disclosure was or thereafter becomes generally available to the public by publication or otherwise through no breach by Purchaser of any obligation herein; (b) Purchaser can show by written records was in Purchaser’s possession prior to disclosure by Signode; or (c) is legally made available to Purchaser by or through a third party having no direct or indirect confidentiality obligation to Signode with respect to such information.
17. Audit. Unless agreed to in writing by an officer of Signode, neither Buyer nor any Buyer representative, may examine or audit Signode’s cost accounts, books or records of any kind or any matter, or any other data that Signode, in its sole discretion, considers confidential or proprietary.
18. Infringement and Indemnification. Except as set forth below, Signode agrees to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any claims, costs, damages, liability and expenses resulting from actual patent, trademark or copyright infringement, misappropriation of confidential information, or violation of any other Intellectual Property right, domestic or foreign that may arise from the sale of Signode’s proprietary Product to Purchaser as such pertains to the subject matter of the Agreement (each, a “Claim”); provided, however, (a) Purchaser supplies Signode written notice of such Claim immediately after the Purchaser has notice of such Claim, (b) Purchaser cooperates with Signode in the defense and settlement of such Claim; and (c) Purchaser allows Signode the right to defend and settle such Claim at Signode’s expense If a suit or claim results in any injunction or order that would prevent Signode from supplying any part or Product falling under the Agreement, or if the result of such a suit or claim would, in the reasonable opinion of Signode, otherwise cause Signode to be unable to supply such parts or Products, Signode may do one or more of the following: (i) secure an appropriate license to permit Signode to continue supplying those parts or Products; (ii) modify the appropriate part or Product so that it becomes non-infringing; (iii) replace the appropriate part or Product with a non-infringing but practically equivalent part or Product; or (iv) if Signode cannot reasonably accomplish the actions specified in subsections (i) – (iii), then in Signode’s sole discretion, Signode may discontinue selling the part or Product without any further liability to Purchaser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Signode shall have no liability or duty to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any Claim relating to: (1) the use of any part or Product, (2) the combination of any part or Product with any other part or product not supplied by Signode, or (3) any part or Product or process that is designed or specified by Purchaser.
19. Software. If the Products include or consist of software developed, owned or licensed by Signode (“Software”), the use of the Software is subject to the software license agreement provided by Signode or accompanying or contained in the Product (the “SLA”). In the event of a conflict between the terms contained in this section (the “Software Terms”) and terms contained elsewhere in these Terms and the SLA, the SLA will take precedence. If there is no SLA, the following terms govern the use of the Software:
20. Signode Employees. Signode sales and service employees do not have the training or authority to make legal representations or enter into any agreements or execute any Purchase documents affecting legal responsibilities or waiving legal rights, including those regarding the transfer of intellectual property rights or related to privacy laws. Any such representations, agreements or documents will not be binding on Signode or such Signode employees.
21. Service Terms. The following terms and conditions apply to any on-site Services provided by Signode:
A. Services will be provided at Signode’s then current service rates.
B. Purchaser shall prepare the site, including, as applicable, the construction of all necessary [foundations, anchor bolts, pneumatic hooks and electrical disconnects/connections]. If the site is not prepared for the Services upon Signode service personnel’s arrival at the agreed upon time and date for Services, Signode may charge Purchaser for any delay and/or travel time at Signode’s regular service rates.
C. Purchaser shall provide Signode with advance notice of any rules, regulations, statutes and requirements applicable to the Services, including any required permits and licenses, that are applicable to Purchaser’s local jurisdiction.
D. Signode may refuse, without any liability, to provide Services and to allow Signode service personnel to suspend Services or vacate any site where, in Signode’s opinion, performance of Services would pose a risk to the safety of any person. In such event, Purchaser is responsible for payment of any delay and/or travel time at Signode’s regular service rates.
E. Purchaser is solely liable for all damages or injuries caused or contributed to by Purchaser that may occur on the site, except to the extent damages or injuries are directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Signode service personnel.
F. Purchaser must provide at least 24 hours’ notice in writing of cancellation of any Service order. If Purchaser cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice, Purchaser is responsible for any costs incurred by Signode caused by such cancellation.
22. Compliance. Purchaser agrees to comply with all federal, state, local and foreign rules, regulations, ordinances and laws applicable to Purchaser’s obligations hereunder and Purchaser’s use of the Products and Services, including import/export laws, labor laws and anti-corruption laws.
23. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in the Agreement or the course of dealing of the parties may be construed to constitute the parties hereto as partners, joint venturers or as agents for one another or as authorizing either party to obligate the other in any manner.
24. Force Majeure. Signode will not be responsible for failure to perform in a timely manner under the Agreement when its failure results from events beyond its reasonable control (an event of “Force Majeure”), including acts of God, epidemics, acts of war, whether declared or undeclared, blockades, labor disputes (whether of Signode’s employees or the employees of others), riot, civil disorder, embargo, government regulations or restrictions of any and all kinds, expropriation of plant by government authority, interruption of or delay in transportation, power failure, accident, explosion, or other causes of like or different character beyond Seller's control, raw material shortages and material increases in costs of raw materials. In the event of Force Majeure, the time for performance will extend for such time as reasonably necessary to enable Signode to perform.
25. Assignment; Binding Effect. No assignment of any rights or interest or delegation of any obligation of Purchaser under the Agreement or Purchaser’s purchase order may be made without Signode’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment will be void. Signode may assign the Agreement or otherwise transfer its rights and/or obligations under the Agreement. The Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
26. Waiver. In the event of any default by Purchaser, Signode may decline to ship Products or provide Services. If Signode elects to continue shipping or otherwise fails to insist upon strict compliance with the Agreement, Signode’s actions will not constitute a waiver of Purchaser’s default or any other existing or future default, or affect Signode’s legal remedies.
27. Bankruptcy. If either party becomes insolvent, is unable to pay its debts when due, files for or is the subject of involuntary bankruptcy, has a receiver appointed or has its assets assigned, the other party may cancel any unfulfilled obligations hereunder.
28. Limitation of Actions/Applicable Law/Dispute Resolution. This contract shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of India. In the event of any dispute arising out of this contract, the same shall be settled through mutual negotiation in good faith, settled by reference to arbitration under the rules of conciliation and arbitration of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 and statutory amendments thereto. The venue of arbitration shall be Hyderabad., Telangana and the proceedings shall be in English language. In the event of dispute, as to any claim of one party against other, or otherwise howsoever, then the courts having jurisdiction in Hyderabad, Telangana is the only forum to entertain and try such dispute or difference.
29. Survival. Any provisions in the Agreement which, by their nature, extend beyond the termination or expiration of any sale of Products or Services, will remain in effect until fulfilled.
30. Severability. If any provision herein is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining provisions herein will remain in effect.
31. Integration and Modification. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Signode and Purchaser with respect to the Products and Services covered by the Agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, representations and quotations with respect thereto. No modification hereof will be of any effect unless in writing and signed by the party to be bound thereby.